Monday, April 28, 2014

Paper Bow Tutorial

Hello friends, it's my turn to do a tutorial and I seen a lot of different bows out there, from ribbon, tissue paper, big, small...tons.  I do have a bow maker too, I mean there are tons.  So this is one more Bow making tutorial.  A paper one, and pretty simple using some spellbinders or punches.  I used a small oval punch, large oval punch and the Ribbon Banners Spellbinders some glue dots and some pearls.  I hope the pictures help and I will write a few instructions, but again, pretty simple.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to get in your craft room and make a "Paper Bow" for your cards.

 The small and large oval I wrap around a pencil and put a small glue dot on the end, don't pinch this that is why I use a pencil, otherwise your bow won't be round.
 I cut the spellbinder ribbon banner in half.  
 I then add some glue dots and start the layering, bottom working your way to the top.
 Once I think I have it how I like it, and I adhere it to the card.  Adding some pearls or bling, sometimes a small button looks good too.
 Here is my supplies and my finished card.
 Hope you get a chance to try this paper bow, there are so many versions out there, but thought this one was pretty simple to share.
 Till Next time happy crafting!


3 comments:

  1. A great idea and tutorial, Leanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tutorial - I'll have to try to make some bows myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, great tutorial will have to try some. I don't have the ribbon banner, but think I could improvise.

    ReplyDelete